Friday, August 2, 2013

A little bit of repurposing and refashioning



Some of the shorts-from-pants I made for Meeko for Water Shed. Easy and fun. Best of all, she loves them.

For my classroom! This make-over totally makes me smile. The two outside bookcases were found at Goodwill Outlet for $9 each. A little elbow grease, a nail or two and some leftover spray paint and they are almost as good as new. The middle unit was found at a yard sale for $3. It was dirty and a bit dinged up, but nothing that a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and spray couldn't fix. The lamp base was found (with its twin) at Goodwill during the half-off color, so it was $3.30 and the globe as from a yard sale for $1. I spry painted the base of the lamp, cut the globe in half and added seam binding to the bottom, then glued a lamp shade rim to the inside of the globe. The book was .50 (yard sale) and I had the mouse, the book stand and the fabric for the shelf topper. Grand total? $26.50. Really hope it holds the 20 boxes of books I have for the classroom library.

I hung up my to-be-refashioned finds on a sturdy clothes rack because it is so much easier to see everything at once and not have to dig through bins. Note to self: No more Goodwill Outlet until I've refashioned a good chunk of those items! (Not just for me... I have things on there for Sissy, Bug, Meeko and Buny)


No comments:

Post a Comment