Friday, June 8, 2012

Back at it!

I know, REALLY long absence. Health concerns, surgery, pondering life, wondering why I share these pages, healing, etc. I needed a break and now I'm better. Onward!

During some of my downtime I made gift albums. A slew of gift albums. All of them variations of an envelope album. Lots and lots of fun to create.

Here is one I did for a friend expecting her first baby boy. She wanted REALLY simple, a year-at-a-glance type book so this is what I made:
It measures 4 1/2 x 6" and uses the Echo Park mini theme boy kit. That $4 kit, 5 sheets of cardstock and a pack of envelopes and cards are what I used to make this.
I used die cut (Cricut) shapes as hinges for the pages and the envelopes covered with cardstock are the album base. The inserts in each page are the cards that come in the card/envelope package.
Each page has a space for a 3 1/2 x 5 photo and next to it a monthly fact sheet. I used the stickers that came in the kit to accent the cards. They can be tucked under the die cut and removed from the album at will, or adhered down once the information has been entered.

And this is how the album closes. One of those do-dads that came on Making Memories rub-on packs and a small pony holder. Cheap, easy, sturdy and it works great!

It was tough for me not to add a bit more on this one. Inked edges and sewing, specifically. I really like the mostly-photo look, but I also like a little dimension. Oh well, it's not for me and this is what she wanted... I hope :)

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! Love the idea of using the pony elastic as a closing device. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you are back!! this is just the cutest mini ever!! great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you could take a break, hope all is good now though with health. This is so adorable and such a sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you are feeling better! I love your mini album! I made some basic starter pages for a friend's album recently, I think they have more fun with them if they have room to add their own touches to the albums! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Cori! You did a great job on this album! I love the inserts and the closure! TFS, and thanks for stopping by my blog today! It made my day! =D

    ReplyDelete