Monday, April 2, 2012

Duplicating pages

Someone recently asked, because I make albums for our four kids as well as one for us, if I make a lot of duplicate pages. The answer? not really. Once a year we do a Christmas card photo shoot, and for those pages I usually do an assembly line deal. Pick a style I like and make four in 8 1/2 x 11. It is almost as fast as making one page. For example, each child has this page in their albums:

But for most of the other pictures I make them all different pages. I may use the same paper line (sometimes, but not always) like I did with one of yesterdays topics. I'd purchased the MME Miss Caroline line knowing I had pages to make for each child from our state fair trip in 1996. Though I used the same line for all the pages, each one was done differently because I used different pictures for each child's book. Here is one of those:

And really, I'm OK with that. Because I only rarely scrap the same exact photos or use the same exact product it doesn't get boring to create. Each child has a different experience at the same event and THAT is what I focus on.

8 comments:

  1. cute pages!! i too have different layouts for each of my boys. they are both so different that i like to take in account for their personalities!!

    just signed up to follow you- sorry it took me so long!-mp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pages! I'm sure it's more fun that way, too! Great explanation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great way to look at it!!
    I definitely scrap a little differently for my son's pages than I do for my daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so with you! I don't have kids myself but I couldn't imagine recreating every page for every child. Love your explanation. Will remember this if children ever come along for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I make duplicate pages, using the same photos, but not necessarily the same layout style, since I make albums for my brothers, daughter, and mom. Loved your layouts! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layouts!
    I am so impressed that you scrap for each child and a family album all with the same events.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layouts!

    I occasionally make two-fers: one to keep and one to give to the person in the layout. But since I don't have kids that works out well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super pages and I love the photos...I just make family albums, though I did start some baby ones...lots of them are mixed together so I guess they will have to decide how they want to split them up!

    ReplyDelete