Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A little bit nostalgic

So, I was all set to share a few of the pages I finished yesterday. But I was texting with my girlfriend Kristy and I was thinking how this hobby has blessed me in so many ways and I pulled out an album I did ten or so years ago about girlfriends and people I've met through this hobby, or relationships that have developed through a shared love of scrapping. Be warned, these are all at least 10 years old, so the titles are cut by hand (couldn't do that now if I had to! My eyes are not what they used to be) and I hand sewed all those pieces. Yikes. Not sure why I waited so long to use my sewing machine! Anyway, bits and pieces of yesterday.


Bummer, couldn't get those two pages closer together. That was for an "all about me" challenge. Remember those? It was also the first time I used a flip book on a page.

For that same challenge. My first time entering H of F, and my first Honorable Mention. I entered as a challenge to myself and was truly blown away when I got an HM. Entered three times, got three HM's. I was pretty stinking excited about that.

These next four are girlfriends. All are part of a two page spread but I'm lazy and only scanned one side of each. Love those ladies!!!!


And this last one is of my first scrapbook show. I did some work for CK and it was soooooo much fun! It was also how I met Deb Jennis, got started doing jobs for certain companies, did DT work, taught classes, designed products and eventually wrote six books. But best of all, I've made some many life long friends that have touched my life and heart in ways I could have never imagined.

Yikes! Got sentimental there for a minute. Back to scrapping for me.... before my mom and sis come over for our "Wicked" night out!







No comments:

Post a Comment