Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mixing it up, a bit

Good morning! In an attempt to keep my pages from all looking the same I made myself a list of title concepts (I wrote two books about l/o titles... thought maybe I should use my own advice!) and used some of them while scrapping yesterday. I tell you, it was TOUGH!!! I have gotten way too used to going to the Cricut or QK bin for all my titles.
Concepts used here: small title, vertical, letter stickers

For this one I went with letter inserts (fill-ins), with the title at the bottom of the page.

Here we have the use of rub-ons and letter stickers, plus list format journaling.

Computer title, fill-in AND center page placement for this one. PLUS, I got a bonus 5 points on this l/o because I pulled from my stash and used an accent that is older than the hills! That bear? Bet I've had that for close to ten years. No kidding.

Side one...

And side two. I used to stitch l/o's like a pro, but I've long forgotten how to do that. Sorry. That one is based off the Sketch challenge for the month from http://www.sketchsupport.com/ They have an awesome kit club with fabulous sketches posted each week/month. No, I'm not a member (I was, I just stink at using pre-done kits) but they have some fantastic ideas and hey, I LOVE great ideas! My l/o is a bit of an adaptation, but I was happy with the outcome. (Really, looks a whole lot better when they ampersand is not split in two).

Hopefully I'll get a few pages done this morning, then I'm off to work. Happy Simple scrapping!





3 comments:

  1. Your layouts are lovely and I like the different way you worked in the titles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great challenge you issued for yourself. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it feel good to get pages done! Your photos are just precious. I'm going to try using sketches. Maybe it will inspire me to get more pages done.

    ReplyDelete