Thursday, March 29, 2012

Reflecting

One thing I truly appreciate about working with older photos is the forgotten memories and smiles they cause. At (almost) 23 and 21, my oldest two kids haven't been babies for a really long time and remembering the stories and words and events and activities from that time in their lives has been hugely heart warming. So, yes, I wish the pictures from the early days were all safely tucked into albums, but the process of getting them there is pretty sweet.

One from yesterday's all-too-limited scrap time.
That incredible lady in the top left photo? My Grandma, Amy's great-Grandma. She passed away in 1999 and I still miss her. But that heinous gold couch that belonged to my folks? Don't miss that, at all!

8 comments:

  1. love those pictures and what a great layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your title, and the lollipop is adorable! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great layout, love how you did your title!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great title and love that lollipop! That pic of your grandma and DD is too sweet! In this cool hobby, we get to enjoy the memory over and over again--actually being there, scrapping the moment, and enjoying it for days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love taking trips down memory lane! Especially with the people we love and miss! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet page...this is what scrapbooking is all about, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post and your layout made me smile. Our son is now 27, and it's fun to go back to older photos. Sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet layout. Yes some of our memories don't seem to long ago, until we put a date on them.
    Had a chuckle about the couch ;)

    ReplyDelete